Lush grass fairways, seaside rough and enchanting winds certainly put your woods and irons to the test in Bermuda as the unique Island conditions add their own handicaps. However, the dramatic ocean vistas across the turquoise waters ensure that golfing here is equally renowned for its unparalleled beauty as its challenging qualities.
Bermuda’s nine courses and the Bermuda Golf Academy’s driving range offers year round pleasure, with variety on par with every golfer’s desire! And with so many clubs, a wide variety of courses are available year round offering a pace so leisurely your only distraction may be the occasional song of a yellow-breasted Kiskadee, ensuring you’ll be on “fore” a birdie, eagle or albatross of your own.
November to March offers prime golfing conditions, with special tour operator packages only adding to the allure of escaping the harsh UK winter. What more excuse do you need?
Practice makes perfect:
- Bermuda’s courses rank among the world’s top links, with rolling hills characterising fairways here on ‘The Rock’ due to the vast network of caves below the surface which is it’s architect.
- With the Golf Academy’s 320 yard driving range offering 40 practice bays, a practice putting area, practice chipping and bunker area, night lighting plus golf pros to provide tuition on all aspects of the game, you’re game will surely be back on par in no time!
- If you’re the competitive sort, Bermuda’s your cup of “tee”, playing host as it does to diverse professional and amateur tournaments, including the Couples Golf Tournament, held in February, the Ladies Pro-Am Golf Classic, held in March and the Bermuda Goodwill Golf Tournament held in December.
- We understand that every minute of your holiday counts, which is why most courses book advance tee times and you can now reserve yours 24 hours per day at any of the three Government-owned public courses (Port Royal, Ocean View and St George’s) with the Island Advanced Tee Time System.
- Finally, get the kids hooked early and ensure you enjoy the family holidays you’ve always wanted as you let them loose on the Academy’s 18-hole mini-golf course. A “chip” off the old block? They soon will be…